Monday, July 6, 2009

mackanaw city july 6 2009

Today was a travel day. Had no problems with car or the trailer, except the wind really got to blowing toward the end and bounced me around a bit. The trip was interesting.i was watching the farms go by infairly flat land and thinking Michigan was really a farm state. something I had never thought about. Then about Mile 193 on I 75 the whole thing changed, THe land became rolling hills and covered with some kind of forest growth. It became dense forest forest for the rest of the way up here. At some point I saw a sign that I had just crossed the 45th parallel-1/2 way to the north pole. The day started out sunny and about 72 degrees, it became cooler as I came north until it was\53 degrees. Gradually the sky had become cloudy also. Until it was spitting rain when I got here, Now ( evening it is raining hard).
I hope it clears up tomorrow, I want to go to Mackinac island on the ferry for the day.Then Wednesday I can look around here and see some other things. I should get some interesting pics tomorow of the island and maybe the big bridge.
Thursday I am going on th Sault Ste Marie to see the Soo Canals and Go over to Canada for a Daytrip. That should produce some interesting pics also.
I will be staying at Aune-Osborn rv park at Sault Ste Marie- right on the lake by th canals.
until Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment