Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8 area travels




Today was kind of a take it easy day. I toured around the area and went thru the ice Breaker Mackinac ( retired in 2906) .
Made a trip down tho a town named Petosky(Thats a good spelling Don) It was about 30 miles south of here. One of the ladies in the office told me it was an interesting drive. Jt was interesting. it went past two lakes that had summer homes all around them. Then it went down along an arm of Lake Michigan, very pretty scenery. Interrestingly there were several golf and ski resorts along the way because the road went thru some hilly land. The big surprise was the town. It was right along the lake.,but it showed on the map as a very small place, Veryhard to find on the map. It was anything but small, seemed like a good sized town with a nice center and a couple of shopping malls. Even had a super Walmart and Lowes,and Hone Depot. plus others. I was able to replenish my supplies in Walmart.
After I got back and ate lunch, I started out down the shore of Lake Huron. Jt was not nearlyso developed. First town of any size was Cheboygen. It was fairly big and along a river, only thing of real interest was the new, Ice Breaker Mackinac that was stationed there. I came back to Mackinaw city and decided to tour the old ice breaker (third [pic), It was interesting to see the internal working of the ship.
While I was on the stern, I took the first pic of the macinac bridge. The last pic is of the marina where the ferrys dock for trip ti Macinac island.
Tomorrrow I,m moving up to sault ste marie for two days and three nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment