Saturday, July 18, 2009

July 18 about appleton

Sorry no pics today. the trip to Appleton was a bust. I did get the oil changed in the expy because it was past due. So that was good.
Appleton was a dissapointment to me the city itself is old. THe downtown area was something else. It lookedd like they dan made sosme attempts to modernizeit. There were two big hotels that looked fairly new and some sort of convention center. But many of the streets were blocked off as being under repair. On top of that the one street that was useable was blocked off with a Saturday farmers market. Really made a mess of it. I looked around some but it was hard. The river front that could have been an asset to the city was not accessable due to homes and other things. Several of the factorys along the river were shut and abandoned. Anyhow I came on back to the trailer and hung out, took a walk to get some exercise. I didn't realize just how big this campground is , it must be at least 100 acres and has a boat launch area back on a lake that is fairly big and empties into the river that goes on by the town, It must be fairly good fishing because a lot of the campers here bring their boats. The other thing that surprised me was the number of tent campers. The cool air doesn't seem to bother them, they just build a fire and sit around it. But its cold at night.
Thats it for today. Tomorrow I am going to move down near the Wisconsin dells for two days ro check that out. I will be at the Madisson KOA.
later
Clyde

No comments:

Post a Comment