Sunday, May 10, 2009













Sunday evening
Had a great day today. Woke up this morning and it was sunny and warming up with a slight breeze. great day. So I decided to go to indianapolis and try for the speedway. On line they said tickets were 10.00 but didn't say anything about parking or if there were any tickets available. I decided to chance it, I thought the worst that could happen would be they were sold out,but I could get a couple of outside pics at least. I took their driving directions off of the web site and set out. In indianapolis, I followed their directions and drove right up to the place. I noticed that there were hardly any cars around, and as i drove by one of the gates, i noticed they were selling tickets. Turned into alot across the street and paid the man10.00 to park and ask him wherre to see best, he told me in the fourth turn up high to see the whole oval. so i did. The view was spectacujlar, and some of tghe pics are from there. Later I decided to try to get some pics of pit row and walked dthat way.About 1/2 way there I ask on of the guards where I could get some pics of the pits, he told me down by the next gate. Walked in and sat down in box 33 right across the speedway from pit row, there were very few people there.
Like watching from across a two lane road. The speeedway is not as wide as you would think. These guys were going past at 220 mph.like here he goes. Ihope the [ics are clear enought so you can see some of the stuff.
anyhow I enjoyed if and saw more than i had hoped for. No problems going or comming back, except it started rraianing about 50 miles from the trailer.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got to see qualification runs.

    See: http://www.indy500.com/schedule/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics.. Glad you had a good day and the weather cleared for you!

    ReplyDelete