Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday June 29, 2009

This is written on Wednesday Morning because i had a problem getting on the internet here. Hope I rresolved it now.

Made the trip to Muskkegon with no problems, although it was tiring. Very windy and lots of traffic. Michigan drivers are worse than Wilmington. The weather here is a surprise, cold and rainy. Last night I put the blanket back on the bed. Temp was 53, and raining. I thought I had seen the last of that blanket for this trip. Today is rain showers and cool about 65.
One interesting item from Sunday. i was driving on us 12 going into Detroit, As I mentiondedd in last blog they need to bulldoze that part of town. Well when I watched the 10:00 news Sunday night one of the large buildings I hd noticed because it obviously had been a very nice building at one time about 5 stories high and set back from the road a good ways on a landscaped area that had gone to ruin, was on fire. Apparently homeless had been in it and it caught fire about 6:00 Sunday. i had been past it around 3;00.
There is some kind of music festival going on here from June 25 until July 5. Tonight they are having the girl from eastern north Carolina,Kelly Pickler. Croud last night was huge when I went out to eat.
Today I am just going to look around and try to get the lay of the land here.
thats it for Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a little chilly up that way. I vaguely remember Greektown from my old Burroughs days in Detroit. Funny you mentioned bulldozing. I heard something somewhere about them bulldozing parts of Flint - I guess as part of this stimulus thing. Guess there are a lot of abandoned structures around. Headed to Wilm this weekend - we will miss you. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete